Thursday, August 28, 2014

Late Summer Gardening Stuff

I get hard on myself in the summertime.

Every spring I have a list a mile long of things I want to do outdoors.

Pretty stuff.

Junky stuff.

I've got a pile of junk 2 stories high just waiting to be "done up:.

And EVERY August I start kicking myself in the butt for all the things that I haven't gotten finished -

or started for that matter.

Monday, August 25, 2014

The World Is Ugly Sometimes

Hello. Happy Monday.

I've been grumpy.

And in a quandry.

A blogging quandry.

You see, I blog about things that don't matter that much - in the scheme of things.

You could call blogging my own personal version of a selfie.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Wooden Tool Caddy

When you go to the Haven Conference you can be pretty certain that you are going to exit with lot more stuff than you entered with.

Every time you leave your room you come back with something more.

And if you're really lucky, when you enter your room there might be a little prize waiting for you on your bed.

Saturday, August 16, 2014

International Can It Forward Day

Today is International Can It Forward Day!

Today Saturday August 16 - starting at 10:00 AM, you can
  • Watch the live webcast of canning demonstrations featuring celebrity chef by Hugh Acheson
  • Join in  the taping of the live webcast with Hugh Acheson in New York City at Brooklyn Borough Hall
You still have time to connect!

10:00am – 10:45am Pepper Jelly Demo with Ball® FreshTECH™ Automatic Jam & Jelly Maker
10:45am – 11:00am Tips on Urban Herb Gardening and Preservation
11:00am – 11:30am Peach Sriracha Jam Demo with Marisa McClellan of Food in Jars
11:30am – 11:45am Crafting in Ball canning jars with team from Martha Stewart Living
11:45am – 1:15pm Hugh Acheson Preserving and Mixology Demonstrations
1:15pm – 1:30pm Mixology Demonstration in Ball canning jars
1:30pm – 2:00pm Salsa Verde Demonstration with Ball® FreshTECH™ Automatic Home Canning System 

Friday, August 8, 2014

Must Have Furniture Moving Gadgets

I've told you before.

I'm a late adopter.


I tend to think I can do things by myself

So when I see gadgets on the shelves at Bed Bath & Beyond or Target - or on TV, I think something like this . . .

"Good idea! But I don't need that. I can do it by myself"

But the truth is, 

I'm no spring chicken. (or spring kitchen - which is what I typed first, then stared at for a minute or two trying to figure out what was wrong with that sentence)

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Dresser Painted With Miss Mustard Seed Dried Lavender Milk Paint

A couple of months ago I painted a dresser with Miss Mustard Seed Dried Lavender Milk Paint. I turned out beautifully. 

BUT - it was a huge challenge. Nothing worked like it was supposed to.

I loved that color. 

It sold really quickly.

I missed that Dried Lavender dresser.

So I decided to paint another one.

If you're looking for a before picture, well, I don't have one. 

But you've seen this dresser hundreds of times before.

It probably had a mirror at one time.

The finishing lacquer was bubbled like alligator skin all over so I thought that would look great with Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint.

I also thought that the lacquer finish would resist the milk paint and give me some amazing chippy goodness.

It did not.

Not. One. Chip. Anywhere.

I had to be very careful not to sand it too much, so it wouldn't be polka dotted. 

Because that wasn't the plan.

To have a polka dot dresser. 

I think my favorite part is the top.

I stripped and sanded it to fresh wood. Then I applied 2 coats of Liberon Black Bison Paste Wax, in Walnut.  The stain in the wax stains the wood beautifully and Liberon waxes have the most beautiful soft luster to them.

Pretty, huh?


Dried Lavender is the most gorgeous color.

Oh, and I used hemp oil over the paint. Then I waxed every inch with Miss Mustard Seed Antiquing Wax.

The drawers are lined with vintage wall paper.

It looks beautiful with the top and the Dried Lavender.

I think everyone needs a little Dried Lavender in their life.

And if you want, you can buy this dresser at Vera's Daughter Home.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Sharing here:

French Country Cottage
Miss Mustard Seat Milk Paint
The Dedicated House
Our Rosey Life
Miss Mustard Seed
Funky Junk

Lemon Bread

Happy day everyone!

I'm becoming a lemon lover in my old age. So when I saw this recipe for Glazed Light Lemon Bread on Mom on Time Out, I couldn't wait to make it.

I served it for dessert last Saturday night. But the next time I make it will be for breakfast or brunch. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...