Quirks of Somewhat Quirky
During my blog exploration time this morning I discovered a little party over at Perfectly Imperfect. It's all about getting to know other bloggers and their little "quirks." All you have to do is share 25 things about yourself. Well, I'm feeling a little chatty this morning, but it's 5:30 a.m. and there is no one to talk to so I guess participating is my best option. First, here's a picture of my favorite hydrangea - cuz a blog without pictures just isn't worth reading.
25 Random Things about me...
- I'm a newbie blogger. Every time I get a follower I do a little happy dance inside.
- I'm what they call a "late adopter" - I didn't get a cell phone until 2006.
- The current wish of my heart is that Mandi over at Vintage Revivals will do an epic makeover of my basement/laundry room/gym/workroom/wine cellar/computer lab/storage room. She is so creative and energetic I think we could be outright dangerous together.
- I've been in Outlander purgatory for the last year and a half. This means I started reading the Outlander series, by Diana Gabaldon and now I have 543 pages left out of 5020. My mind races too much to listen to them, so I have to be not working on projects to read - which is not very often.
- I'm excited because I get to help a friend make Valentines today.
- I'm even more excited that I got featured on TWO blogs yesterday. OOOOOOWWEEEEE! And I got PINNED!!!!!
- I'm not sure I'm going to be able to think of 25 things.
- I love good food.
- I don't eat fast food.
- I don't have that "thing" - that thing that people have that says "oh this is so rich, I can only eat a few bites." I can eat copious amounts of any dessert.
- I have a recipe for caramel brownies that are so good they (the brownies) have generated marriage proposals.
- Thank goodness I'm already married.
- My favorite thing to do as a child was draw house plans and decorate/furnish the house.
- I'm an ESPN addict.
- If you are reading this you probably already know this - but I actually showed pictures of what my dining room table really looks like this week on my blog. Really.
- I got braces this year and now I can no longer whistle. Bummer.
- I've lived in 5 states in my life. Each one north of the last. stupid. or smart.
- I love a good sunny day.
- This is getting difficult.
- I did my first blog tutorial this week. That was also difficult.
- I am just a little bit too much in love with Ellen Degeneres.
- I cannot sit in any room without looking it over with my "rehabilitator's eye."
- There is a look that goes with that "eye" which usually generates the question "what are you thinking about NOW??????"
- I actually bribed Mr. Quirky to take me out to dinner this week by saying "pleeeeeease....I'll wash my hair and wear makeup........" (read this in your best whiney accent).
- It is February 12 and I am already counting the days (31) until I get to order/eat my husbands birthday cake from Holiday Market in Royal Oak, MI. BEST WHITE CAKE AND BUTTERCREAM FROSTING EVER.
Grab a cup of coffee of tea, join the party, and meet somebody new! Perfectly Imperfect
Then - Make something wonderful today!