1. Still cleaning here. The fun of it comes and goes. Mostly goes.
2. We're having some occasional pretty days which feel a little bit like heaven.
3. Saturday was one of those days and I took some time to do some dethatching in the yard.
4. Estate sale season is in full swing and I find myself with a full garage that will have to be organized if I am to buy anything bigger than a breadbox.
5. I bought a piece of coral at one of these estate sales.
6. The coral was dirty. I put it in the kitchen sink to soak in hot water. I put the plug in and turned on the water. Then I went outside to do previously mentioned dethatching.
8. Suddenly Mr. Quirky comes around to the back of the garage and says in his most calm panicked voice "HONEY, YOU TURNED ON THE HOT WATER AND LEFT IT ON!!!! IT'S BEEN RUNNING OVER FOR LIKE 45 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!! WATER IS POURING INTO THE BASEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9. I said in my most calm, feeling really guilty, and stupid, and OLD, voice, NO! IT'S BEEN MORE LIKE 2 HOURS!!!!!!!
10. You don't have to tell me that the basement is flooding when the sink overflows. I've overflowed the bathtub enough times to know that already.
11. Three hours later the basement floor is sparkling.
12. The kitty litter bins have fresh kitty litter.
13. The kitchen floor and counter are shining.
14. All 396 of our spare towels have been washed and dried.
145. All the paper towel and toilet paper rolls I have been saving for crafting that were probably never going to get used have been thrown away.
16. I went to the doctor yesterday. She thinks my hard drive is full.
17. My menopause belly is making me mad. I guess I am going to have to cut back on the cake.
18. But I haven't been eating cake. At least not in the last 3 weeks.
19. Garage cleaning day is tomorrow. You may want to say a little prayer for me.
20. I think I sold a dresser. Whew! But guess what? They want it to be repainted! Wait for it......WHITE!
21. I still have a saw in my kitchen.
22. I have become remarkably good at navigating my kitchen with a saw in the middle of it.
23. I say I've been cleaning. But I really haven't cleaned that much.
24. Last weekend I tried HARD to find another way to arrange the furniture in my living room.
25. There is only one way to arrange the furniture I have in my living room.
26. I have a really bad case of spring inspiration ADHD. There are no less than 581 ideas burning up my brain.
27. I'm going to take down my winter mantle today. Then maybe. Just maybe. I will do the spring mantle that I've had in my brain for the last 3 years.
28. If you are still reading - I love you.
Ivy & Elephants