1. It's that time of year.
2. When you feel like you are working your A$$ off and you seemingly have nothing to show for it.
3. But I've been working. Stooping. Pulling. Cutting. Raking. Filling bags with stuff for the yard debris pickup.
4. I DID clean the garage.
5. This doesn't look clean to most people I am sure.
6. Don't you see all that space?
7. I also helped Beckie move all of her store into one small little nook and a few closets.
8. Then I helped her paint the floor of the store.
9. It looks better. Like 100 times better. Like awesome.
10. I planted some pansies.
11. Planting pansies is something I never do. I'm usually too busy doing other things. See thing #3.
12. The jury is out on the pansies. If they don't fill out it won't be worth the $7.00 I spent.
13. The jury is in on using the milk can tops as a planter. I like it.
14. I will get some spillers to put in them for the summer.
15. I also planted some rosemary. I always plant it in the garden, but this year I planted it in buckets.
16. I spend too much time wandering around the garden - considering there is not much there yet.
17. I take great hope from little bitty green buds.
18. And first feeling, then seeing hostas come through is one of the joys of my life.
19. That doesn't say much about my life.
20. I still have my winter mantel up.
21. Having your winter mantel up and a spring mantel in my mind is too much limbo for me.
22. But it doesn't make me actually do anything about it.
23. It's time to transplant and plant some succulents.
24. I no longer have a chop-saw in my kitchen. WhooHoo!!!!
25. I'm winding up to make a big-ass cake this weekend.
26. It's not for me.
27. I think my azaleas did not like 90+ inches of snow and all those really cold days...
28. And maybe my roses didn't like it so much either.
By the way...28 is my favorite number. Then 2. Then 8.
What have you been doing?
French Country Cottage