I've been on a bit of a blogging break.
I'm not one to blog just so I can tell you I don't have anything to say. Don't you hate it when you open up a post that begins with "I just can't think of anything to blog about"... I always think "duh" ... "easy answer" ... "back away from the computer and go DO something" ...
My spring cleaning, project doing, ADHD is in full swing. No less than 642 projects in progress. So I thought I would do a little - approximately - 28 Things to make me feel better.
Listen if you care.
1. Last week I went to a "pop-up" diggers sale.
2. That means stuff is just everywhere and you dig through it all to find what you want.
3. Sounds fun. And it was.
4. You know you're in trouble when you have to sign a release before you go into the house.
5. You know you're in trouble when they give out masks for all who enter.
6. You know you're in trouble when part of a room is closed off by police tape because the floor has collapsed.
7. You know you're in trouble when you look up in one of the rooms and it is black with mold.
8. You know you're in trouble when you REALLY need to go to the bathroom at this "pop-up" sale...
9. I got a whole bunch of stuff for $50. In case you think that is a lot. One wire basket I bought contained 6 unused 100/200/300 watt light bulbs. These fit in my vintage floor lamp and cost at least 10 bucks each - when I can find them.
10. A whole bunch of stuff that all had to be sorted through, wiped down, hosed off, disinfected, etc.
11. Oh. And put away.
12. I'm not done with that yet.
13. I got a wild hair - or is it hare? - and decided to finally start making what I'm going to make with the large tree slices in my garage.
14. Getting the bark off tree slices is harder than you might think.
15. Getting the bark off tree slices is easier than you might think.
16. There is a trick to getting the bark off tree slices.
17. Sometimes there is no trick to getting the bark off tree slices.
18. I've been painting my hoosier cabinet.
19. It sucks to paint the hoosier cabinet because there is no way to make it look better than it looked when I first got it.
20. But it didn't look that way anymore because the paint kept flaking off and I got tired of sweeping it up.
21. I was also afraid I might get lead poisoning from sweeping all this flaking paint.
22. I am not pleased with the results at this point. I need inspiration.
23. Inspiration will come.
24. I walk my gardens
25. I haven't had the heart to finish chopping down my dead Japanese Maple.
26. I keep thinking I will be able to turn these trunks in to something.
27. Mr. Quirky threw a kink into my plans for planting the area by over-treating it with something (I won't go in to that) that means I shouldn't plant anything here for up to 18 months!!!!!!
28. REALLY?????? I had already picked out two very lovely lilacs to plant there.....now I'm debating whether to tempt the garden gods and plant anyway.
29. My winter mantle is still up. With the Easter egg banner still on it.
30. I am so ashamed.
I hope all is going well for you and that you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
And if you know whether it is "wild hare" or "wild hair" (like mine) please let me know!