2. It is the remnant of one or two peonies that a previous owner tried to remove.
3. The first spring we lived in this house, a few runty stems popped up but there were certainly no flowers.
4. It took like 5 years before it actually bloomed and the first year that it bloomed there were a couple of blooms that were white with scarlet edges and the other two bloom were pink. The rest of the buds never opened up. What a bust. I had been waiting FIVE years for these blooms.
5. Last year I got a bunch of white blooms - some with the scarlet edging.
6. This year I got . . .
7. Well how 'bout thaaaat!!!!
8. The weather here has been HEA. VEN. LY.
9. Well, until this week and it got hot.
10. Like 90. At 80% humidity. That's pretty hot.
11. We had to turn on the air conditioner.
12. I LOVE air conditioners.
13. I've been sanding.
14. And sanding.
15. And sanding.
16. See all those chainsaw marks? They have to disappear.
17. That means more sanding.
18. And more showers.
19. Because sanding is - well - sandy.
20. The other day looked up from picking baby elm trees out of the cracks in the driveway and saw this.
22. I am THAT person. The one with trees growing from my gutter.
23. But never fear. I saved the day.
24. I got it out the best I could with the 8 foot ladder.
25. For some reason when I cleaned the garage I put the big ladder behind a bunch of stuff
. . . stupid.
26. So I reached up and blindly fished out all of the elm trees and elm seeds I could.
27. I just picked a rather large ant off of my shoulder. I think they came in with the peonies. Now it feels like there are bugs crawling all over me.
28. Only 5 more days and I'll be eating this for my birthday . . .
If you like Peonies you can see more here!
The Newlywed Pilgrimage
Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson