1. I've been busy working. Doing ugly stuff.
2. The ugliest of which is cleaning the guest bedroom. You can see an example of what I am facing here. Except it is worse.
3. Actually it's not worse now. Because remember, I've been working.
4. You may not know that last fall we dug up the front yard and reseeded the grass.
5. This year we dug up the back yard.
6. It was ugly.
7. Now it is lovely. At least with promise.
8. It's been treated for grubs, sprayed with soil conditioner, a new border has been installed and the yard re-seeded.
9. It will be beautiful.
10. The front yard turned out fabulously.
11. Our yards were actually fine. Better than the neighbors. But Mr. Quirky, well he's a little quirky about the grass.
12. He doesn't even let me touch the grass. Unless it's to dig it up, of course.
13. I also get to plant the trees, build the pergolas, put in the retaining walls, take out the dead trees, prune the shrubs, split the hostas, . . .
14. I'm cleaning the guest room because we're having company.
15. We have company every September.
16. Is it possible that I could anticipate this and not have to go through this dirty work to be ready?
17. This dresser I've been cleaning - it too, dirty. Very dirty.
18. I sanded it to get the layers of dirt off.
19. And I glued, repaired, and filled the very brittle veneer.
20. I get to paint today.
22. Another dirty job - I've been cleaning up a bunch of old cast iron.
23. If it works I will tell you all about it.
24. My tree slice table is closer to being ready for use.
25. It was dirty work, too.
26. Like 20 hours of sanding.
27. I finally gave up. Now I'm trying to finish it.
28. I want to know. What dirty work you have been up to???? Tell me!