I just realized that I haven't written a post in like 10 days.
Whatever have you been doing with your time?????
I know you're dying to know what I've been up to...
1. I've been making these:
Notice they are all ready for a post...
2. I've been helping out with Chalk Paint® 101 Classes at Vera's Daughter.
3. I can't speak for any of the other stockist's classes, but this class, taught by Becky Kassner, is really great. Even a long time painter like myself learned a lot from this class.
4. I recommend the 101 class to everyone. There is a difference between learning how to use Chalk Paint® from those trained to teach the class, and learning to paint from someone who just likes to paint and is telling you what they do.
5. I made some of those Cookies-n-Cream Blondies for the class last night. I wasn't there. I hope they liked them.
6. I've been painting a lot of furniture.
7. Like this:
8. And this:
9. These are not my pieces, and they are not for sale.
10. I wish they were. Mine, that is.
11. They belong to clients of Vera's Daughter. We collaborate on the painting.
12. I also painted a brand new huge coffee table. It was a mid-quality, very modern, boxy table. I have a picture that I can't figure out how to upload...(tech idiot that I am)...
13. I tried using a foam roller with the Chalk Paint® for the coffee table. It worked beautifully. I will post more about it someday.
14. I would say "soon" but we all know - it may not be soon. So someday is a tad more honest.
15. Did I mention I get to make a cake for Valentine's Day?
17. My winter brain has come over me in full force.
18. I'm grateful that I made it this far into winter before the full fog started.
19. A couple of nights ago I walked upstairs with my glass of water in one hand, my phone in the other, and my car keys, which I had carefully picked up and put around my wrist (they have a little strap on them).
20. Oh boy... (read that with a huge sigh).
21. I've been experimenting with painting fabric. So far, not so great, but the technique looks promising for creating a beautiful faux leather effect.
22. Once again...someday...
23. I just heard a woman in the audience of the Wendy Williams Show tell her name...Risque'.
25. I wonder how she spells it?
26. Which reminds me of one of life's big questions: you know those little net bath scrubby thingies you can replace for 1.99 at the Target?
27. Why do we let them die such a long death????
I mean - I should have a little mercy, don't you think?
28. I want to know. Do you have a "life's question"? Can we solve it together? Do you use your bath scrubbies too long?