It's confession time.
I haven't been doing much of what I am supposed to do, like gardening, and cleaning, and cooking . . .
1. I've been working on this.
2. This is a humidor. A big humidor. An old humidor.
3. You've met the humidor before, here.
4. It was one of my favorite pieces in this amazing house.
5. The humidor now belongs to me!
6. I was wondering if I should strip the paint that was in the upper cabinets - and then I figured out that this galvanized aluminum was behind the paint and I knew that the answer to my question was yes. Hell yes.
7. Stripping the paint off of the galvanized aluminum was HARD. Really hard.
8. The combination of the fumes from the stripper and the hard work would make me break out in a huge sweat. Sweat like I was in a shower sweat. Sweat that would drip in puddles on the floor.
10. It was really hard work.
11. I prevailed.
12. I put Hemp Oil all over it.
13. Sammy loves Hemp Oil.
14. Hemp Oil is supposed to be food safe, but we researched it anyway - in regards to cats.
15. There are people in web-land that will swear that hemp oil cured their cat from cancer.
16. Speaking of cancer, we binge watched Breaking Bad over the last 2 weeks.
18. We also went to see Love and Mercy - a movie about Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys.
19. I loved it.
20. I've been painting these dressers for a client.
21. They are both Duck Egg Chalk Paint®
22. They are going to be fantastic - look at those tops!
23. I don't have any idea why they look like they are different colors.
24. Today began the "Week of Karen."
25. In case you don't know what that means . . . it's my birthday week!
26. The cake comes on Tuesday, and I cannot wait.
27. Mr. Quirky grilled beautiful filets for dinner tonight to kick off the week.
28. It takes a lot of celebrating to soften the sting of the 57.
28b. I should research why the 7s are harder than all the others. I had a hard time with 37 and 47. Now 57 feels oh so very close to 60. . .
What have you REALLY been doing???