Why yes, I have been gone for 2 weeks.
And I'm having a hard time getting interested in writing on the blog.
I thought a dose of 28 Things might get me in the mood.
1. I went to Haven. The blog conference.
2. I had a great time.
3. I acted all extroverted and everything.
4. That just sucks the life right out of this little ol' introvert.
5. Then my 12 hour drive home, which takes just about every last drop of energy I've got, turned into 14.25 hours because of traffic.
6. But if I'm honest, my whole summer has sort of been like that.
7. I still have a halloween pumpkin on my back porch.
8. Remember this? Yep. It's still looks like that. Except the porch is loaded with a lovely variety of items that have been placed on the porch and not been put away.
9. I have not planted ONE container.
10. I haven't even planted basil.
11. Not planting basil is a problem.
12. I keep saying I'll go to the grocery and buy one of the large basil plants there and transplant them into a pot.
13. Actually, it didn't even get warm enough here for great basil growing until last week.
14. I just don't want to have to go all winter without pesto.
15. It's not just me that is behind.
16. My Quickfire Hydrangeas didn't fire until early July. I mean, they are supposed to be firing in May.
17. My other hydrangeas are just now in bloom. Sort of.
18. The huge area of lawn I dug up last fall that was to be made a gravel patio is in full weed bloom.
19. While I was in Oklahoma in May, the entire garden sprouted so large and overgrown that I'm going to have to re-set the whole thing this fall.
20. That means I didn't put out mulch.
21. That means I have weeds. But at least you can't see all of them because the overgrown plants cover them up.
22. The whole situation just sucks.
23. Wow! I bet you're glad I came back to share such exciting things!
24. I do have some news . . . in the form of a tease . . .
25. This is what I've been doing this week . . .
26. If you need a bigger hint, go here, Or just go anyway.
27. I'm in a little bit of shock. Or a lot bit.
28. It's all part of a vision that is a loooooong way from being completed . . . . . . .
And how have YOU been?